Hampstead Players 2023 Autumn Production
Book and Lyrics by
ALAN JAY LERNER
Adapted from George Bernard Shaw's Play and
Gabriel Pascal's Motion Picture "PYGMALION"
Original Production Directed and Staged by Moss Hart
This amateur production is presented by arrangement with Music Theatre International
Auditions will be in the Crypt Room, Hampstead Parish Church, Church Row, NW3 6UU.
Go along the south side of the church and down the steps.
7.00pm on Tuesday 11th July and Thursday 13th July and at 2.00pm on Saturday 15th July
Plus another date to be confirmed for call backs for a closed audition with our Musical Director, Aidan Coburn, likely to be either the 17th or 18th of July
- Eliza Doolitle, female soprano 20s to 30
- Henry Higgins, male baritone or spoken (Rex Harrison spoke in all songs) 40s
- Colonel Pickering, male baritone or spoken 50’s/70’s
- Alfred P. Doolittle, male baritone or spoken 50’s
- Mrs Higgins, female late 60s/80s
- Mrs Pearce, female mezzo-soprano, can be spoken 40s/50s
- Freddy Eynsford-Hill, male tenor 20s/30s
- Mrs Eynsford-Hill, female spoken 50’s/70s
- Professor Zoltan Karpathy, male spoken 30s/50s
- Chorus, lots of great singing and acting roles available for men and women, 18+
You can find the audition pieces here
You do not need to be a member of the Hampstead Players to audition, but if cast, you are required to join before the first rehearsal.
Performances will be on the evenings of 30th November, 1st and 2nd December with a matinee on the Saturday afternoon. Rehearsals will start in September and will usually be every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday evening - although no one will be called to every rehearsal.
If you do not wish to audition but are interested in working on the production in another capacity please contact us The Hampstead Players